Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year!

Hey everyone! I feel like I haven't posted since last year. Time sure does fly!

In all seriousness, it's been nearly two months since I've posted. Since then, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's all happened. I've been super busy with my job as an ops lead since October--it felt like I barely got to celebrate all the holidays. :c But I worked with what I could. As a recap...

Thanksgiving was lovely. We didn't get to celebrate until the Sunday following that Thursday. We got our Christmas tree that weekend and had family over. I was in a food coma! Mostly due to the desserts... My watergate salad was the hit of the party. I felt pretty good about myself!

December rolled on in and I decorated the entire house, made my famous sandtarts, tried out a few other recipes and found some new favorites. I wrapped plenty of gifts, tried out new crafts, and finally got to relax with my family the week leading up to Christmas. I got some very wonderful, thoughtful gifts. Then my birthday came! I love getting to celebrate my birthday with the people I love. It's not always easy having a birthday on Christmas Day, but I wouldn't change anything about it!

New Year's Eve was actually super fun, despite being home alone [technically]. I spent the day watching my favorite show, The Twilight Zone, and then spent the evening in front of the computer with my fiancé! We played so many games and it was special to ring in the new year with someone who means so much to me. ♥

Well, since it's now 2016, I can officially say I'm getting married this YEAR. Hoping the visa process goes smoothly... but if it does, we will be getting married this August. :] I get to marry my best friend! We have so many things we want to do together and I can't wait to become a Sharp and spend the rest of my life with him. Last year treated us both so well, so I know this year is going to bring so many incredible memories. :)

I'm going to try to blog a bit more, especially when it comes to the whole longdistancefiancévisahimmovinghere kind of thing. I think it might help to write about it.

Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful, blessed new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment